Friday, February 10, 2012

Treasures


Matthew 6:19-21   Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for your selves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

In these past few days I have been challenged on “what” I treasure.  In my head I say, yes, I am storing up treasures in heaven, but my actions often speak differently.   

The question I find myself asking is; How can I say I am storing up treasures in heaven, when so much of my time is spent focusing on the cares of this world? If I really do value and desire all that God wants to do in my life,  and if I want to see the fruits of the spirit in my life, then my actions need to line up.   Am I always worrying about my job, money, or the thousand other activities that can fill up my time? 

So for this fast time I am asking in prayer what it is that God treasures, what does He value?  I pray that we as a church would all begin to see the treasures around us.    Father, open our eyes.  

1 comment: