Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love that satisfies.

Over the past year I've been in contact with many people that have such a
need to know how much God loves them. I pray "Lord please give them a
revelation of your deep deep love". I know many of these people know about
Gods love in their head but it doesn't seem to have reached their heart.
As I think about the times in my journey when God's love has become so real and
tangible - it was during times of desperation. When God was literarily all I had.
I don't hope for anyone that they have to become all alone so they can experience
Gods deep love. What I've been praying lately is that I myself and others
would have increased hunger for God and His presence in our lives. That we
would be in places of desperation for Him.
When we are desperate for His love to touch our lives I believe He will.
On this love day may we all hunger and thirst for the ONE that can only truly
satisfy our need for love.

May Christ through your faith dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, that you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints the experience of that love, what is the breadth and length and height and depth of it;
That you may really come to know practically, through experience for yourselves the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge; that you may be filled through all your being into all the fullness of God, may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself. Eph. 3:17-19 (amplified)

1 comment: